Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Radio

The Danish radio stations play American music here, or at least music sung in English and it seems like every fifth song is either Britney Spears or the Rocky Theme, Eye of the Tiger!

Most of the songs are from a long time ago. It's kind of fun hearing songs I listened to *back when I was young*. I hear songs I can remember taping off the radio onto cassette tapes when I was 10. One of the first cassette tapes I ever owned was Bon Jovi and I hear Livin' on a Prayer all the time on the radio now. The first CD I ever had was a Genesis CD, just a single, of I Can't Dance. I hear it all the time too. Just like all the TV shows are one season behind, the music is a decade (or two) behind.

AND they don't censor the radio so all bad words come through loud and clear! ALL the bad words, even the really bad ones. : o (No big deal I guess since newspaper headlines feature these same "Really Bad Words" in super big print.) America is definitly not the land of free speech, you can say or print or sing whatever you'd like here..

So there's my little blurb on the radio here because I was fairly amused, and relieved, that I could understand most music on the radio and in the stores. It makes me feel a little better about not understanding anything else.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails