Thursday, January 4, 2018

It's not a new years resolution.

I promise that it's NOT a New Year's Resolution to start writing here again.  I am well aware of my inability to keep up with life much less create new goals!  Maybe my New Year's Resolution can be to vacuum every day ...like for reals, not just program the Rocky the Roomba every night and call it a day.

Happy got me a fancy, cordless vacuum for Christmas and it literally propels me around the house, my arm is tired from "holding it back".  Anyways, I'm not sure at what point a vacuum fell into the "Christmas gift category", but it did ...oh well, what can I say, I'm 40.  This is my life!  Today I walked around barefoot without dog hair sticking to me and I was happy.  Turns out a cordless vacuum makes me happy.  Know what doesn't make me happy? ...spelling vacuum.  It's a stupid word.

Anyways, I miss my family.  That is why I've decided to write again.  Thanks Grandma...  :)  ...or Bruce and Ingrid.... maybe a combination of you both. :)

Well.  That said...  I literally have nothing exciting to write.  Aside from accusing a Verizon call center employee from sitting around with his finger up his nose today, I've had a pretty normal day.  It was -11F so my nose hairs froze on the way to the bus stop, I wore snow pants to work all day (because I work in  barn), and to end my day ...as a big middle finger to the state of New Hampshire I bought popsicles for the afterschool club to eat as a "snack" as they sledded into the below zero temperatures of the dark night.  It's funny to "hear" kids, but not really see them....  :)

The kicker is.... my kids think this cold is normal!!  Andrea bangs on the frozen mini-van door as if it's a normal occurrence in life and Scott has yet to wear a coat to school... Two days ago we had a COLD DAY ...not a "snow" day, but a "cold" day ...a day in which it is SO cold that school buses can't start and frostbite will kill small children in a matter of minutes.   ...and my son is at the bus stop....  In. A. Sweatshirt.  Really?!  I think his brain froze a couple winters ago...

Ok.  Sappy alert.  My life has taken me to an awesome place where I have an amazing group of friends.  My kids are being successful-ish, my house is warm, and I work in "barn/forest" full of kind, compassionate people who would do anything for me.   My husband literally just handed me a bowl of Doritos as I sit by the fire.  If *needed* a gallon of milk tomorrow, which is going to be the biggest snow/cold storm ever, I know I would have 15+ people willing to bring it to me ...and that's cool.  This is what I hope for for my own kids.

...Oh, in my defense the Verizon guy deserved it.  The conclusion of my three hours worth of phone calls ended with me having to get a letter from my bank stating that they will pay Verizon $32.00.  What?!  So they have banned my credit card and Michaela doesn't have a working phone....  LONG story, but I'm right; everyone else is wrong.


Pictures really don't show the cold.  Trust that it is seriously cold!!! xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great that you are back! I missed your blog.

Hilde

Tara said...

Hilde!!!! Hi my long lost friend! I got your card the other day and meant to write! I "talked" Ingrid into visiting us here in New Hampshire... If she makes it out here you HAVE to come too!! :) xoxo

Sandra said...

You're back! Sorry, I am not buying you milk.

Tara said...

HA! You'd buy me milk if I really NEEDED it!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails