Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bike Ride in the SUN






It's sunny! It's been perfect spring weather for a few weeks now... or else I'm just adjusting nicely and now with happy with anything above freezing.

Michaela's bike never made it into the container when we shipped our stuff here so she got a new one this weekend and she loves it because it has three gears! It's a cute typical Danish bike with the fenders, bell, back "luggage" rack, and key bike lock. We finally went to the big lake a few blocks from our house. It has a nice bike path all the way around and hungry sheep and ducks along the way.

So we all went for a lovely ride by the lake. I blame my inability to keep up with the others on my 15 year old bike that I haven't sat on in 13 years. Even Sierra and her tiny wheels left me in the dust. (Let's all keep in mind the miracle of life I'm currently putting all my energy into creating... and that I have been doing this 24 hours a day, for the last six months straight - without any breaks.) So it's okay if I pedal slow.

We set up the trampoline too. Scotty spent the entire day bouncing in happiness. :) We even barbequed. It felt like an October day in California, but it was great. I was happy.

Our trip home is almost planned. We know we are leaving here on May 23rd but as for exacts... not quite sure. But I've started my list of things we MUST buy. I'm amused while looking through it so I'll share. Every day I add a couple more things as I think about them.

- cat tags/collars
- hanging file folders
- pancake mix
- umbrellas
- scotty pull ups
- infant swim diapers
- cat flea stuff
- white sauce
- graham crackers
- dryer sheets
- folding sandwich bags
- rolling pin
- peanut butter
- parmeasan cheese
- kettle corn
- frosting
- pancake syrup
- garbage bags
- infant tylenol
- kid vitamins
- memory stick
- poofy shower things
- happy's salad dressing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails