Monday, January 18, 2010

My weekend!

Scotty had his first sleep over!!!! We are friends with a great Swedish family... (remember Andrea's FIRST babysitter?). They have two girls and a boy who is in the 2-3 grade class at school, Johan... and Scotty thinks Johan is super cool because he likes to play video games as much as he does!

So when the girls were invited to stay the night little Scotty tagged along and had a great time! :) He did not miss mommy's night-night hug, I didn't get a 3:00am call saying a little boy wanted his mommy, I didn't even get a second glance when I walked in the next morning. I felt so unloved! :) It's okay, I still have Andrea... she can't stand to be without me. :) ...but I know enough to know that kids that don't NEED you are even better!

This was the night I went to a Wii party with the other moms. I haven't laughed so hard since I've been here! It was so funny!! We played Wii Fit Plus and a hilarious dancing game. Too funny!! :) I don't know if I was more tired from flapping like a bird or from laughing so hard!

Wii Party was Friday night. Saturday night was dinner at my place with the above mentioned Swedish family and some other unexpected guests.. :) It was crazy and crowded, but fun. Sunday was our big toy sale in which the kids made 550 kroner... another crazy and crowded event. :) Sunday was also Michaela's piano recital. She did really well. I couldn't see very well... because the recital was held in a piano store. :) This made me smile. Here's a video of them all playing together. I still can't believe she can use both of her hands to play and follow the music. :)




After my crazy crowded weekend I was happy to send all kids to school today. I was not so thrilled to discover that all surfaces outside had turned to ice though. Everything was just ice; the sidewalks, the driveway snow, parking lot, I almost fell on my butt 8 times. When I picked Scotty up from bornehaven he was sliding down the ice hill on HIS butt with all the other boys. They were just crashing into the pile of sleds at the bottom. They must have decided you slide just as easily without a sled. :) None of the kids on the playground were walking. They were all sitting in various spots, playing. It was really too slippery for anyone to walk anywhere. :) Tomorrow we will ice skate on the driveway.

I also need to mention that my wonderful husband took my HUGE shopping list AND all four kids to Bilka tonight. Only one who has done a huge shopping trip at Bilka can fully appreciate this. I stayed at home, took a shower, vacuumed, finished the laundry and ate a bowl of Frosted Flakes. :) Thanks Happy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And you forgot to call your mom like you said you were going to :)
Great job Michaela! I am really impressed! Love you!

Tara said...

Remember the part about Paul taking the kids... well the phone wasn't working so I couldn't call and now he's on it. We got the house so I'll be happier to talk to now. :) I'll call in a sec....

Tara said...

Just like when I was a teenager huh Mom??? excuses, excuses, excuses...

:)

Ingrid said...

That kind of 'Bilka-help' is actually the best help you can get sometimes!
It was just really nice to have your children over! I think they had a lot of fun and from what I have heard there were no problems at all. Wish we could do those kinds of things much more often...
The Wii evening was great even if I liked the eating part better then the playing... just kidding, it was fun even if I didn't have a clue about how to do it.
Love your correspondance with your mom. It echos to my head, I must have heard something similar in my life...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails