Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Today's Grocery Store Trip

Usually the highlight of my day is the grocery store. There is typically a grocery store trip every day since my little fridge can only hold so many of the little liter milks they have. (I can get a two liter of soda and a two gallon container of ice cream, but only a teeny-tiny-itty-bitty liter of milk... which doesn't last too long with 5 people in the house.) I'm not sure if it's quite as annoying as the Canadian bags of milk. :) Sorry mUm.

Anyways, a grocery trip can make or break my day. Today I had the right coin to rent the shopping cart instead of using the little basket. I remembered my own bags so I didn't have to buy more. Scotty was manageable. I found cream cheese for the first time AND Nestle chocolate chip Break-N-Bake cookies. I got little drinkable yougurt things for lunches and some taco shells and American pancake mix! AND It wasn't raining as I loaded the car... so 620 kronner later I have food for 2 days. Ugh. (620 kr x 2 = 1240 1240/ 10 = $124.00)

The grocery store is in a mall type shopping center and they have long walking escalators that go up and down ...like the ones they have in long halls at the airport, no steps involved... So your shopping cart can go on it and the wheels lock into the escalator floor so they don't roll away. It's kinda neat, and Scotty's favorite part of the day! We just go up and down for fun.

Dinner: Chicken (yes, again) Brocolli, and Cresent Rolls!

2 comments:

mUm said...

am loving your stories

just so everyone knows, in Canada as well as our one liter bags which come in bags of 3, we do sell milk in 3 liter jugs (too heavy for old women to pick up when full) also .25 liters, .5 liters, 1 liter and 2 liter cartons - we probably have all these choices to keep the Americans happy especially those from California - conversion 3litre is just over 3/4 of a gallon.

If Sierra was here her coat would still be white as we have nothing but snow right now.

We cannot afford to go to visit Denmark again because we have spent our money sending Christmas presents over in the mail and even those will not arive until some time in January i was told.

Tell my son he needs to go out and buy a larger regrigerator or a second small one.

Love mUm xxx

Unknown said...

I love the conversion conversion model: . so 620 kronner later I have food for 2 days. Ugh. (620 kr x 2 = 1240 1240/ 10 = $124.00.

Being a simpleton...I'd take 10% and double it. But then again, I haven't been an accountant for 15 years.

Next, we'll expect to see conversion of gas from liters to gallons, along with the currency impact.

Or perhaps an implementation of a Craig's list in Denmark set up to sale "healeys" to the Danish market that has been suffering by doing without. Michael and Sierra could demo them. But wait...I just remembered that I thought Paul has a set as well. LOL...

Have fun....Dad or Papa or just Craig or whatever...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails