Monday, August 25, 2008

Sierra's Birthday



The party was fun! I admit that on Saturday I became increasing scared as my house began to fill up with screaching little girls, but it wasn't all that bad. Sierra had a great time with all her friends and I survived with the help of Paul and a couple moms from school (thanks Ingrid and Jill!) Even Andrea cooperated by sleeping through most of it!

The girls decorated pillowcases - I found some fabric markers to use instead of paint. The $50 I spent on them was well worth my sanity and saving the mess that would have resulted in trays of paint and paint brushes. We also made necklaces, ate lots of yummy food, watched a movie and had popcorn, and then giggled until all hours of the night... (until I drew the line, and felt like my own parents when I started talking "sternly" in an attempt to get some sleep myself! :)

In the morning we had pancakes and strawberry smoothies, played with new toys, and I waited for the little giggling monsters to be picked up. I can't say I'd do it again anytime soon, but it was fun... and I know they all had fun.

Scott's birthday was postponed for when my parents arrive next Monday. He did get to open a few presents though. :)

Gotta go - Andrea says so...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woow who mad the great cake and cupcakes?!
looks like a nice pink invasion on Saturday...

hilde

Julie said...

That is one of the cutest cakes I have ever seen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails