Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday.

It was ~24 degrees and mostly sunny. The kids played in the water, in the sand, and with the dogs. We made lego houses and played on the computer. We ate bagels for breakfast, corn on the cob for lunch, tacos for dinner, and root beet floats for dessert. HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY - I left all of the kids with Gramma for three hours. WHOO HOOO for me!! (P.S. Paul had to go to Austria for work for the week.)

My three hours of quiet was spent wandering the aisles of the local Super Walmart and then eating McDonalds... all. by. my. self. :) Ahhhhhhh..... Maybe tomorrow I'll escape again. :)

Anyways,

Andrea's birthday preparations for her Saturday party are underway:
- She is undergoing extensive walking lessons so that she can, maybe, take her first wobbly steps on her birthday.
- She now has three cute little outfits to wear on her birthday. (No, she can't just have one because she is a very messy little girl. You should have seen her eating her root beer float tonight!)
- The cake has been planned... in my head. I hope it works.
- Her presents have been purchased and wrapped.
- We have all the necessary matching plates, napkins, and tablecloths.
- ...AND The guests are coming. ...Both Paul's brother and sister and their families will all be here for a grand total of 8 adults, 12 children, and 3 dogs. The kids are aged: 13, 11, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 5, 3, 1

Oh, it gets better though... These 20 people and three dogs will ALL sleep in this ONE house for the weekend. :) There are some doubts that this is the most intelligent of ideas and I have been blamed ahead of time for anything that goes wrong since technically it is my fault everyone will be here. I have a secret escape plan though... If I get desperate enough Andrea and I will sleep in our big rental car. :) I'll advise the other mothers to do the same.

Night night...

3 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Is Paul meeting you back home in DK? And when do you return???

Nana said...

Paul's not missing the party is he? Take lots of pictures and send to Nana & Papa so we don't miss a thing!

Tara said...

Paul won't miss little Poozle's Party. :) He is coming back tomorrow, on Friday, her real birthday. Her party will be on Saturday when everyone else comes up.

We return back in DK on August 18th. Just a few days before Scotty, Sierra, and MY birthday!!

We will take LOTS of pictures, I've charged all cameras and they are ready to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails