Monday, May 31, 2010

Night Night

BEDDING. Even from Germany to Denmark the bedding is different. Pillows, mattresses, duvets, sheets...

We have a multi-cultural bedding household.
Sierra's bed is Danish, her duvet is Danish, her pillow is American.
Scotty's bed is Danish, his duvet is Canadian, his pillow is German.
Andrea's crib is Danish, her duvet is German, her two pillows are American and German.
Michaela's bed is American, her duvet is Danish, her pillow is American.
Happy and my bed is German, our American mattress has a Danish duvet and we have German AND American pillows. :)

Buying new sheets and bedding is a difficult task because they are all different sizes. THIS, Ingrid, is why I don't have extra sheets. :)


Head - German pillow
Belly - American pillow
Feet - Danish pillow

PAPER: is not the same size either: ...AND the holes are in silly spots.

PAPER HOLES: A sheet of lined notebook paper. Here you either get two holes in the middle or four along the entire edge. I think this is seriously just dumb. Three holes in a piece of paper makes perfect sense; one on each side and one in the middle. Two holes makes the paper wiggle all over and four holes... I don't know.

Another paper complaint while I'm at it. They make the kids use graph paper for math. Not just graph work, but for any math. They aren't supposed to write numbers in each of the squares either. I have no idea why. Denmark did it too. Writing on graph paper is hard because there are lines going everywhere... it's called graph paper for a reason. (Psst. It's used for GRAPHS!)

ENVELOPES: I have to fold my American standard business envelopes over a half an inch and tape it or else I pay five times as much. I finally bought German envelopes though because they scowled at me when I taped it right in front of them. (Of course Germans scowl at me all day long..)

4 comments:

小天 said...

這裡有很多不錯的好康資訊喔,快來看看吧!
伯父家最近需要資金週轉,所以我介紹台北市當舖讓伯父可以用支票小額借款,暫時度過難關,表妹很懂事說想要去酒店應徵傳播小姐,其實到酒店兼差也很辛苦,還要被酒店經紀人抽成,所以表妹最後決定製作學校制服團體服貼補家用,伯母則在壓克力工廠上班,每天都要做很多網版印刷壓克力招牌,有點辛苦,不過小表弟很爭氣考到了中國大陸證劵證照賺了很多錢,還開了中國大陸證照補習班,伯父伯母就不用再到當舖典當黃金了,現在還準備搬家,買了一間豪宅新屋,再也不用擔心壁癌或房子漏水的問題,還用了高級的節能家電熱水器,表妹也不用去外面兼差賺錢,還嫁了好老公,到銀樓買了好多結婚金飾,其中還有八心八箭GIA鑽石,表妹也準備生小孩,最近很常去婦產科調理身體,也已經挑好產後護理之家,聽說那間月子中心很高級,月子餐也超好吃,小孩出生後表姐定了好多彌月蛋糕送給大家分享喜悅,但我比較喜歡吃三峽金牛角麵包起酥蛋糕,泡芙也不錯,後來我參加加拿大暑假遊學團出國打工遊學,有間遊學代辦公司不錯,我學到居家修繕技巧,可以幫家裡做木工裝潢,給媽媽弄了機能廚房,她很開心。

Ingrid said...

Oh my....!!! This is funny and it is easy to understand your frustration!!! :-))) It actually looks like the American pillows are the same ones as the Swedish... I guess IKEA has adjusted there sizes to the country they have the store. Otherwise maybe IKEA could have as an target to do an all over the world IKEA sized bed system, so if you joined that one you could go anywhere in the world and find the right sizes.... What about that?
I think a Swedish pillow is 50x60 cm... but I don't know for sure :-) .
About papers we have another hole system in Sweden :-)))) , so it really seems like EVERY country have their own system... Stupid.
Regarding graph papers in math we do the same in Sweden. IF I know what you mean with graph paper. In Swedish it is called "sqaured paper". But in Sweden we are really supposted to write the numbers in the squares and it makes sence to me when doing addition, multiplication, subtraction and so on, that the right numbers get in line over each other, so I don't know what else would be better than that. Tell me! How do you do that in US?
Look forward to see you soon! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Don't start me off about that graph paper nonsense. Mental!!!

I am going to ban them and take the ones we have and throw them in the river. THAT'S how much they offend me.

*sigh*

I think I have PMS today.

Z :)

PiNG aka Patti said...

You may want to remove that comment up above - I'm guessing it's just plain spam.

Anyhoo - I love picturing you defying the world to do your own thing. I want to be there when you do this stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails