Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tie Dye Pirates


Scotty is special. :) See him sitting down in the bright yellow and green tie die shirt?

I love the little boy all the way to everything and back, but sometimes I just have to roll my eyes at him. His class had a "Spring Concert" at school. They wore their pirate hats and sang some pirate songs... very cute. :)

I was so excited to see Scotty sing... It was his first little concert thing like this and I was so happy! I woke Andrea up early from her nap and my mom and I showed up right on time and got a good seat. I saw Scotty before it started with his little pirate hat on and he waved to me and was so cute.

Then the song began...



THE BOY put his head down on the floor and remained there the entire time. He lifted his head up at the end of the song. Hmmm. Okay.

Maybe he'd do better the next song? The second song started and at this point I didn't care if he sang or did the hand motions... my standards quickly dropped. I just wanted him to keep his head up off the floor! He did... but my precious son stuck his fingers in his ears. Nice. Not sure which was worse... hiding on the floor or displaying his obvious dislike of the entire event by covering his ears!

He did sing the third and final goodbye song though. It was a 60 second chorus of "Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye". I took his picture and the concert was salvaged. Good job Scotty!!

:)

He really does love music and dancing, but he prefers Lady Gaga. You should see him imitate her dance moves... now that would be a good movie to post. :)

3 comments:

Expat Women said...

Hi Tara,

Regina here, for ExpatWomen.com.

I would like to personally invite you to list your blog on our Expat Women Blog Directory (www.expatwomen.com/expatblog/) so that other women can read about and learn from your expat experiences.

Many thanks in advance for your contribution and keep up your great blog!

Regina

Ingrid said...

Oh my! This was so fun that I started to cry. Fantastic that you got it on your camera, Scotty will love it when he get older. You made my day!
I guess he is so musician that he couldn't stand the bad singing, they weren't on pitch all the time and that's why he had to put his fingers in his ears. So fun!
Have a great weekend! Hugs!

PiNG aka Patti said...

Oh I am cracking up - that is funny stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails