Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All mine.


I am now laughing again just thinking about it.

I got a secret tip that Doritos were at Lidl, a grocery store here. I picked up the kids afterschool and quickly drove to Lidl. I left the kids in the car. Since I had already been to two grocery stores earlier in the day I knew I'd be quick. ...just go in, look for the American Chips, and get out.

There they were....

They were only 1 EURO! In Denmark they would be at least 30 kroner, $6.00, 8 euro!! I grabbed all the bags I could carry and went to the check out aisle. I was wishing I had kids to help carry bags. I dropped off my prized Doritos on the little conveyor belt, said excuse me in English to the people behind me, and went back for more. I went back twice to fill my hands with Dorito bags. I felt like an idiot. Then I starting laughing. Then I felt like a bigger idiot.

I was by myself, now laughing out loud uncontrollably... Tears in my eyes laughing... Couldn't even talk laughing... Even as I'm typing now I'm laughing thinking about it. Paul is looking at me weird because I'm laughing so hard right now sitting next to him on the couch. I have no idea why I found this so funny, but it was even more embarrassing that I was standing in the store now in tears from laughing so hard. They probably though I was on drugs or something.

Either way, I got my Doritos and I only feel mildly guilty for taking them all. The guilt is quickly overcome by the yummy taste of Cool American chips...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing uncontrollably in supermarket queues and stockpiling snacks is a sign you had been in Denmark too long. Don't worry, it will wear off in time and then you will be completely in control of yourself again ;) However, I did hear of one lady, she had lived in Denmark for about 10 years and she went completely nuts and was NEVER the same again.

Phew. Sounds like you got out just in time ;)

Z x

PiNG aka Patti said...

I can totally picture this - and I love it!

MoMo 2.0 said...

I gotta ask......are you gonna share with the kids??!! :-)

Monica :) said...

I absolutely love this post! :) Can completely relate! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails