Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

The countdown of our two year contract offically started on Jan. 1, 2008! Not that I'm already starting to keep track. : )

New Year's Eve here was quite the party! Even little Scotty stayed up to take in the excitement. The fireworks we saw here were by far the more impressive fireworks than any others that I've ever seen! It put the Fourth of July to shame!

At midnight the entire sky lit up. We were at a friend's house up above the city and 360 degrees, all around us, the horizon was filled with fireworks... Not professional firework displays, but just normal people in the middle of their streets, shooting huge fireworks high in the sky. It was incredible! ...and it went on for over an hour -the sky just lit up all around. Fireworks continued all through the night. I woke up to them at 4:00am still. I'll never be impressed with another firework "show" again. I could go on and on, it was really amazing. I made a little movie fifteen minutes into it, but it just isn't the same as seeing it in person.

I wanted to go away for Christmas next year, maybe to Canada to ice skate on the lake and try out the new "Super Bobsled Ramp", but I will definitly be back here for the next New Year's Eve.

No mUm, nobody threw dishes at our door. :) I guess we haven't made any good Danish friends yet...

My little vidoe doesn't work on my computer, but maybe it will on yours, let me know. :(

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails