Friday, December 24, 2010

Not Kidding...


I went to the Elbe Einekaufzentrum on December 22nd at 7:30pm.

In a normal world the biggest shopping mall in the area would be PACKED FULL OF people just a few days before Christmas. Nope, I had to take pictures because it was so strange that the place was empty. Nobody would believe me!

AND... on Christmas Eve, the 24th... stores here are closed. It's NOT a shopping day, which makes the 23rd the last shopping day.

So I was out shopping at 7:30pm on the second to last shopping day before Christmas and the place was EMPTY. :)

I wasn't complaining of course. I happily scurrying around doing all my shopping. It was just a little weird ...like one of those movies where the whole world disappears except for one person. :)

Maybe, being the good American that I am, I count on the long shopping hours just before Christmas... and this is why I put off my shopping until then. Or maybe it's because I have four kids and barely have enough time to breathe. Of course the mall here did stay open all the way until 9:00PM JUST FOR CHRISTMAS. ouuuuuhhhhhhh...

2 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Sorry I got distracted by the Starbucks sign and could not focus on anything else you were writing...

Tara said...

Kelli, there are many Starbucks here! Anytime you want to come visit I'll take you out for a coffee!! Bring the dog and husband and come on. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails