Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wood Floors, Eggs, Sweetened Condensed Milk & Harry Potter




Our wood floors. Our wood floors are real wood... like 2x4s lying on the ground. They look pretty, it's not like a barn in here or anything, but it's odd to have plain wood. They warp and dent and gaps form between the boards, but they are pretty sturdy. We had lots of dents in an area from a rocking chair and despite being told by the owners to pour buckets of water on the floor I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Wood isn't supposed to get wet right? Well, today we tried it and it worked. The warping went away, the gaps between the boards closed up a bit, and the dents went away completely! I was quite suprised. You need a special soap that keeps the wood a light color, but we just poured buckets on the floor and sloshed it around for a while. We didn't even really try to get it all off the floor when we were done - we just to let it soak in... and now the floors look much better. :) ...and those silly girls thought it was fun!



I think the feather stuck to the egg is cute. :) This feather also makes me wonder if I should be rinsing my eggs off before cracking them... just where do these eggs come from anyways... oh yah. :)




My super find at the store!!! In this Middle Easteren type of grocery store, which I've named the "bean store" because I can buy beans there... I was paying a silly amount of money for kidney beans and I saw this can on the shelf behind the cashier. I asked him what it was and he told me and I said "NO WAY?!" Of course I bought it and wanted to try it out to see if it was what I thought it was... and it was!!! Sweetened Condensed Milk, which if you mix with cream cheese and lemon juice it makes a pie that only a pregant person could get away with consuming on her own in three days. WHOO HOO for ME!!!!!!! Too bad I didn't find out this existed here prior to hauling four cans to Denmark from the states. - but at least I don't have to ration it to myself now. I'm going back to buy more tomorrow and ask about evaporated milk... maybe even buttermilk. (You need these weird things to make things one would normally use Mr. Pillsbury Dough Boy for.)



We borrowed all the Harry Potter books from a friend. Who wants to quess how long it will be before Michaela has read them all. The first two (on the top) were finished in two days. This is why I hate buying books for this kid. :)

There are my random pictures and thoughts... Bye.
tara

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails