I'm learning so much by reading my new Danish news website in English.
- Denmark only has three Pizza Huts and they are all closing. Very sad. We will go to Pizza Hut this weekend before it is gone forever.
- People are thinking about taking their food home from restaurants in doggy bags. Nobody EVER does this. I ask sometimes, but I feel very dumb.
- Parking fines are being refunded to certain people in Copenhagen who got a ticket within the last two years. You just need your ticket stub to see if you qualify... Yeah, right.
- By 2030 Aarhus wants to have 375,000 residents... and they are relying on immigrants (ME) to do this. However... Next One: There are 600 kids without a spot in a school because of poor planning.
- More women die of breast cancer in Denmark than in any other European country.
- People are shot, stabbed, robbed here on a regular basis... just like the rest of the world.
- My favorite: "City hospitals flunk patient satisfaction rating" Hmmmm... never would have thought...
Lots of good things to read in English. It would be fun to lose the computer though. I'd rather hold a paper in my hand. I think I will get a subscription... maybe someone wants to share one with me. :)