Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Glow in the Dark Peas





Look how green these things are!!! They are florescent!

Making your own baby food peas is not as fun as I would have hoped. I think this is why women get a years maternity leave in Denmark, so they have time to do all this stuff.

I peeled peas. I betcha' didn't know a pea could be peeled! :) Yep, you just squish them a little on one side and POP! ...out spit two pea halves. ...and they really do fly! I had slippery peas flying everywhere!

When I started peeling the peas I thought to myself, "This is so stupid." So I made a batch of peas without peeling them, but you really could feel the plasticy peels... and Poozle prefers pureed pees without plasticy peels. So I unhappily got back to squishing pees while thinking jealous thoughts of the wonderful babyfood aisle at Safeway. However, I will not peel peas again, I will invest in a sifter thingy with a mesh material so I can just squish them through that. ...or perhaps I'll convince Michaela, Sierra, and Scotty that squishing peas is fun.

Poozle wasn't thrilled with peas, but she ate them like a good little girl. I tried to take a picture of her "concerned" look, but she sees the camera and just smiles!

- and today I I took everyone to their appropriate school and bornehaven for the first time in ten days! Yippie!! (Scotty gets very mad when I call his bornehaven - school or preschool.)

5 comments:

Archaeogoddess said...

That picture of Poozle is PRICELESS! The grin, the green florescent ooze... oh, OH I'm still laughing! I'm impressed that you managed to feed her and not collapse in hysterical giggles, 'cause I'm dying here ... I guess that's what being a mom is all about. So adorable! I want one. But only if it comes with it's own green florescent ooze.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness what a great picture! And how GREEN!

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Ok I am pretty confident that this is a scene from Nickelodeon!!! All the green things on there are like glow in the dark!

Paula said...

Hi,
Wow, I am finding more and more people from Aarhus these days who have blogs that I didnt know existed! I have added you to my blogroll so I can visit regularly. Such lovely pictures of your family.. and funny adventures too!

Lisa said...

Love the picture of the neon green peas... is that what real peas look like? Not greyish green from the jar?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails